Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for educational purposes only and should not be used in violation of your Kik Messenger terms of service. Please consult Kik Messenger’s terms of service for more information.
Wow, this is amazing! Not only can we access Kik messenger on phones, but also on your Windows 10 device. Yeah, it’s great to be the bearer of good news folks! You’re in luck if you have a tablet or PC on Windows 10.
Well, Kik is really built solely for mobile phones, but recently, more and more people wanted to use this messaging app on their personal computers because of a number of benefits. First, a PC definitely contains a higher processing power; second, who wouldn’t opt for a device with a big screen; third, it makes typing easier due to its wider keyboard layout; fourth, is it has better resolution.
All in all a computer has the ability to provide a more satisfactory user-experience than mobile phones.
Regrettably, I’ll also be the one to tell you the bad news. The makers of this app are not venturing yet (like you I do hope it’s temporary) to an online or desktop edition of Kik for reasons still unknown to us.
Nonetheless, if there’s a will, there’s a way. You can still use its features on your PC and this piece of writing will assist you on getting started. I’ll walk you through on how to download Kik on your computer and how you can use it for your advantage. So, yeah just bear with a few more of my blabbering okay?
“We human beings are social beings. We come into the world as the result of others’ actions. We survive here in dependence on others. Whether we like it or not, there is hardly a moment of our lives when we do not benefit from others’ activities. For this reason, it is hardly surprising that most of our happiness arises in the context of our relationships with others.”– Dalai Lama XIV, Tibetan Buddhist monk
Why get my PC Kiked?
Our world encounters a series of unending changes. Hence, if you’re not alert and smart enough, you can be left behind.
With the dawn of technology at present, all facets of human activities are dependent on it. For instance, it invades even our work and job responsibilities. We are not restricted in one location anymore just as we are not stuck to one device.
Work causes us to go from using our office desktops, to our laptops down to our Smartphones. Thus it’s becoming very essential for us to practice synchronizing our multiple gadgets with one another, so that we can have the opportunity to access the same important information across our platforms.
- This in turn will save us more time, keep us well organized and enhance our productivity.
- Using a flash drive to transport data from time to time may not seem elegant and convenient.
- Moreover, it’s really frustrating to do your thing all over again just because you need to switch from one device to another.
- Well, worry no more because having Kik messenger to your Windows 10 operating system and your other gadgets can help provide a seamless shift from one device to the other.
- It’s a greater way to enjoy it don’t you think? With the added handiness of utilizing the full features of your PC!
Hey, what is Kik messenger by the way?
One would wonder why Kik is becoming more and more prominent these days even though it just seems similar to SMS text messaging. The only difference is that it uses your phone’s internet plan or WIFI connection.
Identical applications that supply the same type of services include Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Line, and iMessage. All of which allows you to send messages using only your data plan or WIFI, ruling out expensive text messaging fees.
Now you stumbled on this site with the intention of seeking the method of installing Kik on your personal computer, which means that you are already introduced and familiar with this app. Nevertheless, I will still present a little bit of information about Kik for the benefit of those users who are not really aware of what this app can do for them. Though you can just scroll down to confront the main purpose of this article if you think you’re thru with this stuff.
Of course when I say a little bit of information, it means I plan to begin with the origin of Kik and who discovered it right? A brief history wouldn’t hurt that much (laughs).
There probably isn’t a time when we would not hold or engage ourselves on our Smartphone, which only proves how it dominates our everyday living. This prized possession is on the rise nowadays wherein it is now becoming apparent that it is currently the prevailing platform for social interaction.
Speaking of social interaction, they say that this is the era of chat. Therefore, the idea and concept of Kik messenger most likely stemmed from this.
It was in the year 2009 when talented students from the University of Waterloo in Canada decided to create a mobile platform that will optimize instant messaging, because they believe that building stronger relationships and powerful brands can start with a simple chat using our Smartphones – an everyday tool as well as a loyal companion. Then, in 2010, the app was first launched in which it rapidly reached a peak of 1,000,000 subscribers in just half a month! Whew! Talk about trendy here. Thus, it was reported that this figure soared into a staggering proportion of over 275 million users who called themselves “Kicksters”. Okay, enough with our bragging. Let me show you the features of this amazing app.
What’s In It For Me: Kik for Windows 10 features
You’re in for a Treat! – This app is completely free of charge when you download it, and as I have mentioned a while ago, you only need to pay for your data plan.
Effortless – Signing up for Kik is pretty easy. You just have to provide a chosen username as well as a password in order to create an account, and tad ah off you go!
Keep in mind; Since there isn’t an existing online counterpart yet of Kik, it means that there’s no way that you could sign up on its website. Unless you install it through your emulator – a type of program that permits a device to run on any computer environment by imitating or masking as another type of system. A little pretentious are we?
- From: Anonymous – As opposed to other similar apps like WhatsApp which requires you to provide your phone number to register an account, with Kik it’s not anymore necessary. That way, the user has the option to preserve his privacy and fully secure his identity.
- You’re invited! – Once a friend of yours signs up for Kik, this app can send a notification to request you and your friend to connect on Kik. It’s very efficient especially when you have your friend’s contact info on your phone. Awesome isn’t it?!
- Endless – You heard it right! It’s simply that there’s no limit in your text messages.
- No Boundaries – Oh, I almost forgot to mention that Kik allows you to send not only text messages but also other media files such as pictures, videos, emoticons, audio messages and a whole lot more!
- Seen – You can actually tell if you are about to receive a message as you can see if the person you’re conversing with is doing some typing. Furthermore, you can monitor if your sent messages have been read or not.
- The more the merrier! – Add and gather all your friends with a tap here and there to create a group chat. Pretty simple right?
- Instant Search – What’s unique about this messaging platform is that it has its own browser, which enables you to search at any topic right away without having to leave the site. Really, this leaves me speechless.
I want it on my PC!
Okay fine, let’s get into it. Allow me to demonstrate the steps on how to download Kik on your computer. It’s fast and easy! Of course they always tell you that, right? But I assure you it is.
First things first. Kik messenger app requires your PC to have higher graphics driver, hence, do be certain that you update it to its latest version.
So, the steps are as follows:
- Like what I have said before, you need an emulator to install this app on your PC. There is an array of popular Android emulators that you can find such as BlueStacks and Andyroid. However, the recommended type of software for this app is the latter one. Just download Andyroid from its official website
- Begin with your installation of this software by following every instructions that you’ll see on your computer screen
- Afterwards, you’ll come face to face with an interface resembling that of an Android tablet. There, you will see different icons, so just opt for the Google Play store one.
Keep in mind: You need to have an existing Google Play account beforehand.
- If you haven’t downloaded a Kik messenger app yet, then just go to the Google Play search bar and type in Kik messenger.
- Download and install the application on your device and you’re on business!
Wait, just five easy steps, and it’s done?
That’s it! You can now stay connected with your loved ones every time of the day. Hope I’ve lend you a hand through this article guide. Can’t wait for your feedback guys!