The Kik Messenger app is a hugely popular instant messaging app. Despise growing competition, Kik Messenger keeps growing from strength to strength. And although it is true that the Kik Messenger app is particularly popular among teenage users in the United States, millions of people of all ages who use the chatting app everyday.
If you have been thinking about joining the Kik Messenger, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will tell you all you need to know in order to join Kik Messenger.
Even if you are not too sure yet if the Kik Messenger app is quite for you, we will also give you some key information about so that you can make your mind up about it. If you then decide to give Kik Messenger a try, we will give you a step-by-step guide on how to join Kik.
Why Join Kik Messenger?
Before we go into the step-by-step part of this tutorial, let’s list some of the main advantages of joining the Kik Messenger app:
- Kik Messenger allows its users to chat to one another on their smart phones or mobile devices without having to reveal their telephone numbers. What this means is that Kik Messenger is one of the best instant messaging app when it comes to protecting its users’ privacy.
- Availability: the Kik Messenger app is widely available. The platforms Kik Messenger is available in include Android mobile devices, iOS (iPhone and iPod), Windows Phone, and Amazon Phone.
- Address Book Matching: this option is great if you would like to add your contacts on Kik Messenger. If you turn the Kik address book matching feature, Kik Messenger will automatically add all your contacts to your Kik Messenger chat list.
- Group chatting: with Kik Messenger, users can chat individually to one another or as part of a group with as many as 10 different people.
- Chat enhancements: with Kik you will have a host of chat enhancement features that could make chatting on your smart phone a lot more fun. These chat enhancements include stickers, GiFs, etc.
- Kik bots: in the Kik Messenger bot shop you will find lots of fun and informative bots to interact with. Whether you are into news, you want to find out what your local weather report, or even if you want to have a good laugh, you are guaranteed to find a bot for you.
How to Join the Kik Messenger app?
Okay, so if you are now sure that you would like to join the Kik Messenger app, in this section we will show you exactly what you will need to do. If you are not entirely sure, you can always join the instant messaging app, give it a good try and, if you finally decide it is not for you, then you can always deactivate your account and move on.
Joining the Kik Messenger app is not akin to signing your life away! You can try it out for as long or as little as you would like. Giving the app a good try is certainly the best way to know if Kik Messenger is for you or not.
And now, without further ado, here are the simple steps you will need to follow in order to join the fun:
- The first thing to do is to grab the device that you would like to use for the Kik Messenger app.
- Then, head over to the official app store. If you have an Android device, this would be the Google Play app store; if you have an iOS device, then go to the Apple App store in order to download and install the Kik Messenger app. For the Windows Phone, and the Amazon Phone go to the relevant app store.
- Search for Kik Messenger and once you have found it tap on it.
- Once the Kik Messenger has been downloaded and install you will be able to begin the registration process.
- Either tap on the “open” icon on the app store or head over to the Kik Messenger app on your device. This will open the app.
- Once the app has been opened, tap on the blue register icon.
- Tapping on the register icon will redirect you to a new account screen.
- In the new account screen you will be ask to come up with a user name (this is the name that you should give out to your friends if you would like them to find you on Kik Messenger), a display name (this is the name that will be displayed on your friends’ screen when they are chatting to you), a password (make sure that you choose a strong password that is random and contains as many different characters as possible), an email address that you use (this is really important for the registration process so you will need to choose an email address that you have full access to at all times), and your birthday in order to verify your age.
- Once you have completed those personal details, you may have to complete a CAPTCHA. As annoying as this may seem, this is a verification process designed to avoid robots from joining the Kik Messenger app, which, in turn is a measure to protect you from potential spam.
Once you have completed all those steps you would be really closed to concluding your registration process. Next you will have to check your email inbox for an email from Kik Messenger with the following subject: “Welcome to Kik Messenger!” Open the email and click or tap on the link included within the message. Once you have done this, you will be able to start using the Kik Messenger app.
These are, strictly speaking, all the steps you will need to take in order to register to the Kik Messenger app. Of course, following these steps is not enough if you are new to Kik Messenger. Once you have followed them to the letter, you would be about half way from joining the instant messaging app. Once you have registered and opened an account successfully, you will need to start building your Kik contacts so you would have people to chat with.
Although registering to Kik Messenger just to find that you have no one to talk to may seem a daunting (and counterproductive) perspective, the good news is that there are many different ways to find friends on Kik. And not only that but finding friends on Kik is very easy and enjoyable.
On the one hand it is easy to find your existing friends on Kik Messenger app and, on the other hand, it is also fun to meet new people and make new friends on it. Let’s start with your existing friends. There are two simple ways of finding your friends on Kik Messenger. The first and most common way to finding your friends, which is also the easiest and most straightforward method is to use the address book matching that we mentioned in the previous section.
If you turn on this feature the Kik Messenger app will search all of your smart phone contacts for other Kik users that have the address book matching feature turned on as well. The way the Kik Messenger app will do this is to go through names, email address in telephone numbers of each and every of your phone contacts in search of other Kik users. Every Kik Messenger user that is found using this feature would be automatically added to your chat list.
A great way to make the most of this feature is to turn it on as soon as you register your account so that you would have people to chat with just as soon as you open your Kik account for the first time. If you do not do this straightway, however, you will be able to do it at any point later on. One of the great things about the address book matching feature is that you can turn it on or off any times you would need or want to, at your convenience. If you decide to this just tap on the settings icon that looks like a gear and then go into the chat settings.
“The more social media we have, the more we think we’re connecting, yet we are really disconnecting from each other.”- JR
You can also find people you know by typing their Kik user names on to the find people search bar. You would, of course, know their user names first but as long as that would be the case and you would carefully type it on the search bar you could be mere seconds away from chatting to your friends on Kik Messenger.
If you want to meet new people by searching for your interests or looking for Kik users on different social media platforms.
Once you have found people to chat with, the possibilities for chatting fun are virtually endless. The more you use the app, the more fun it will become. Here at Kik Login online we have a lot of tutorials and articles on what you can do with Kik. If you have any comments, please leave a message in the section below. Have fun!