There is not such a thing as the wrong time of year to use the Kik Messenger app. Whether it is cold or hot, dark or bright, Kik Messenger is always there. With millions of users around the world, there are always Kik friends available for a chat. Now, despite of the fact of that summer is over and the nights are drawing in, you can still head over to Kik and have lots of fun. In fact, one of the most fun times of the year will soon be upon us. Kik may not be the first thing that comes to mind when we think of Halloween but we will show you how to make the most of the instant messaging app during the creepiest and most fun night of the year.
In this article, we will give you lots of ideas for using the Kik Messenger app for Halloween. For some people the night of the dead is one of the most social nights of the year. Many people like to go out and have fun that night. Whether you go out this upcoming Halloween or you stay at home, there is no reason why Kik could not be part of your fun.
Also, with the Kik Messenger app Halloween can begin a lot earlier (and last a lot longer).
If you are wondering what the heck does Halloween have to do with the Kik Messenger app, you have come to the right place. Of course, if you do not like Halloween or, for whatever reason, do not wish to mix your Halloween celebrations with your online chatting activity, you do not have to. If that is the case, there is no reason why you should notice any changes on Kik Messenger. If, however, you love both Halloween and the Kik Messenger app, you are in for a spooky treat!
Group Chats For Halloween
As we said earlier, Halloween is for a lot of people a social occasion. Seasoned users of the Kik Messenger app will know that the messaging app can be used for group chats as much as for one to one conversations.
A fun thing to do on Halloween (and the run up to it) is to organize some fun group chats. You can have a virtual Halloween party every day on Kik Messenger.
There are some tricks for organizing a successful Halloween party on Kik. What follows is a list of tips if you would like to host the spookiest and most fun Halloween parties on the Kik Messenger app:
- Theme: a lot of Kik groups (or Kik parties) fail because they do not have a theme. A Kik users starts up a group and then goes ahead and adds other Kik users to it, but he or she never states what the party is for so the other Kik users abandon it gradually or never say anything. With a Halloween-themed Kik party, you would have at least eliminated some of that problem.
- More theme: when you start a Kik group chat you have the option to add a picture for the group. This is entirely optional so it is not really surprising that many Kik users who start a group would not bother to add a picture that would identify the group. If you are hosting a themed party (like a Halloween party) on Kik Messenger, you should absolutely add a picture to the group. Because we are talking about Halloween here, you should select a picture that would represent the spirit of Halloween, find a spooky yet fun picture that would make the theme of your Kik party obvious to everyone who joins in. Having an appropriate group picture is the best way to establish the theme of your Kik party.
- Invite the right people: now we the “right” people would be on the kind of party you want to have. Some people prefer to only chats to other people they already know either IRL (in real life) or from Kik; others prefer to connect to brand new people they have never chatted to before; whereas others are happy to mix both groups at their parties. This is entirely up to you, as a party host. The important thing is that you spend sometime thinking of who would be the right kind of user to join your Halloween Kik party.
- Use the right channels to invite people: the Kik Messenger app allows you to just add any users you would like to your groups of parties. You can add people from your chat lists or anybody that you find on Kik, whether you have chatted with them before or not. This is great because your possibilities may seem endless but it is always worth considering who you add to your parties. Some users immediately abandon groups or parties that they have been added to, so it may a good idea to tell them that you are organizing a Kik party before you add them in. This may not be necessary as your friends may be used to being added into parties, but if you often find that they leave your parties or do not contribute to them, then it might be a good idea to warn them first. Another alternative, particularly if you want to meet new people and make new friends, would be to advertize your Halloween party on social media. If you decide to do this, we would recommend that you use attractive hash tags on your posts (use your imagination but make sure that you include hash tags that address your potential audience and that they make clear that this is a Halloween party you are advertising). Also, instead of linking to your Kik profile, use the Kik code for your Halloween party. That way, there will not be any confusion when it comes to typing the groups name and anybody who is interested will just be able to scan the code and join in straight away.
Decide whether you want to vet who joins your Halloween party. In the previous point, we explained how to get people to join your party. There is a, of course, the possibility that you may want to vet who joins. There are several ways to do this. Of course, if you are adding group members yourself, this will not be a problem at all (although then anybody who has been added by you will be able to add other people in turn). If you are advertising your Halloween party on social media sites such as Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram, it may be a bit harder to vet who joins your party. There is a very easy solution to that problem, though. You could ask people to contact you before you give them the Kik Code for your Halloween party. Instead of attaching the Kik code on the post where you advertise the party, you could always instead ask people to contact you privately for the code. That way, you would be able to control who joins your Halloween party by only giving the Kik code for it to those you would like to be part of it.
- Keep the party going: as a host it is your duty to make your Halloween party as much fun as possible. The main thing is to keep the conversation going. A great way of doing this would be to share some stickers or gifs that can be found at the Kik shop. Since this is a Halloween party, make sure the stuff you share is Halloween themed. This time of year you should find a lot of Halloween themed stuff on Kik.
“Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I always go all-out with my costumes.”- Ginnifer Goodwin
If you are at a loss when it comes to finding Halloween stuff to share on the Kik Messenger app, fear not for there is a lot of new stuff that has recently been released just in time for Halloween.
The best place to find fun and spooky Halloween stuff for Kik Messenger is the Kik bot store. We recommend you head over to the bot store and find everything you need to make your Kik Halloween party an utter success.
Just to begin with, the Kik Team Bot has been customized appropriately for Halloween. This means that you will be able to find lots of Halloween emojis for you to use during the Halloween season (both as part of your Kik Halloween party) or on your individual chats. You will be able to find emojis for the following (and much more):
- Jack O’ Lantern.
- Frankenstein’s Monster.
- Smile Pumpkin.
- Sad Pumpkin.
- Mad Pumpkin.
There are also lots of Halloween bots you could interact with or add to your Halloween party. We particularly recommend the Mystery Murder Bot.
If you are someone who love to celebrate Halloween, you should not miss the chance to celebrate it on the Kik Messenger app as well. Whether you just use some Halloween themed stickers or emojis, interact with Halloween bots, or organize your own Kik Halloween party, we hope we have given you enough ideas to make this Halloween better than ever before!