The steps involved in signing up to Kik Messenger are very similar regardless of the device you are using. Typically, Kik Messengers registration is not online but using a smart phone or a mobile device such as a Windows Phone, an iOS device (iPhone or iPod), or an Android device. However, some would prefer to do the registration on line using their computer.
Signing up to Kik Messenger online may not be as straightforward as doing it on a smart phone or mobile device. Having said that, if you know what to do it does not need to be much more complicated than doing so on a mobile device.
After all, there are many common steps to registering to Kik online or doing so on a mobile device. In this article, we will not take anything for granted. We will explain everything you will need to know in order to register to Kik Messenger.
Once you have registered to the Kik Messenger app, you will be able to send and receive text and video messages, as well as sharing pictures, playing games, our taking part in group chats. Registering and using the Kik Messenger app is free no matter how long you use it for.
How Do You Register to Kik Messenger Online?
There are some extra steps involved in registering to Kik Messenger online. If you were using a mobile device or a smart, you would just head over to your app (application) store and download the Kik Messenger app. With a computer there are a few things that you will need to do first, before you get to that stage. Of course, you could always use your smart phone or mobile device to register even if you intend to use your computer to access the app from there on out.
The only current way to have access to Kik Messenger online is to use an Android emulator. There are different Android emulators that come with different features. If you are just interested in having access to Kik Messenger from your computer, pretty much any Android emulator will do the trick.
Still, just to save you time we will give you some guidance on the most popular and suitable Android emulators for Kik Messenger.
The most popular downloadable Android emulators are BlueStacks and Andyroid. The latter is particularly popular but it really comes down to personal preferences as they are both very good and not all that different. They are great if you intend to access Kik Messenger only sometimes as those emulators are know it be a little unstable at times. Also, because you will need to perform a download, you will need to use up some space on your computer. That may not be a big deal, depending on how much free memory your computer has but it can be quite inconvenient is you need to access Kik Messenger for several different computers. You will be tied to using Kik Messenger form the computer you downloaded Andyroid or BlueStacks on.
A far more convenient method, and the one we would recommend particularly if you want to use Kik Messenger more than occasionally, is Manymo. This is also an Android emulator but, unlike Andyroid or BlueStacks, Manymo does not require any downloads. Manymo is browser based which means that all you will have to do is to login to the service online from any computer you use from your favorite web browser.
Manymo requires registration but the signing up is totally free. This Android emulator includes many free features but if you want to have access to it in its full glory you will have to pay a relatively small subscription. However, the good news is that you will not need to subscribe in order to use the Kik Messenger online app.
No matter what Android emulator you will choose, you will need to head over to the Google Play app store in order to download the Kik Messenger APK file. So, it is important that you have an account with Google Play and at least one Android device registered to your Google Play account. If you do not have an Android device registered to Google Play account, you will not be able to download, install, or launch any apps through an Android emulator.
emulator (noun)- something that acts, or imitates, something else
Once you have downloaded either Andyroid or BlueStacks or registered to Manymo, the first thing you will need to do is to launch whichever Android emulator you have decided to use. Then, you will have to reach the Google Play app store from the Android emulator of your choice. Search for the Kik Messenger APK for on the Google Play app store. Once you have found it, download it and install it.
If you have not previously signed up to the Kik Messenger app using your Android mobile device, you can do so online, anyway. Just launch the app after you have downloaded and installed it.
You will see the “Welcome to Kik” screen when you first launch the Kik Messenger app online. This is exactly the same you would get if you were launching the instant messaging app using an Android device. All you will need to register is to follow the same steps. But, because as we said earlier we are not taking anything for granted in this article, these are the exact steps you will need to follow online:
- On the “Welcome to Kik” screen, you will see two options: one to create a new account, and another to log in if you already have a Kik account.
- Tap on the “Create a New Account” icon.
- This will take you to another screen. On that screen you will be asked to provide your first and last names. This is what will be used as your display name so your Kik Messenger friends will see it on their screen s when they will be chatting to you once you have registered. You do not need to use your real name if you do not want to. Just select the name that you will like to display when you are chatting to people on Kik Messenger.
- Once you have completed both fields for your display name, tap on the “next” icon located on the top right hand corner of your screen.
- This will take you to yet another screen. This will be the registration screen that contains several fields that will need to be completed very carefully.
- The first piece of information that you will need to enter will be your user name. Choose something catchy that reflects whatever you would want to convey about you. Your user name is how other Kik Messenger members will find you on the instant messaging app. Unlike your display name, your user name will need to be unique. This effectively means that it may take you a few attempts to find a user name that is not already in use by a different Kik Messenger user. If you find that your user name has already been taken, try to modify it slightly. If that still does not work, then try to come up with something totally different.
- Next, you will need to come up with a password. Make sure that you come up with a strong password. Our advice would be that you come up with a totally new password, one that you are not using for any other app, or web based service. It is never a good idea to use the same password for different apps because if you always used the same password and someone found out they would have access to a lot of your personal information. That might even result in financial loss on your part so do your best to avoid becoming susceptible to that. Other advice would be to use a combination of different characters and numbers. Try for this combination to be as nonsensical and hard to guess as possible by making sure that your password bears no seeming relation to you or any aspect of your life (no birthdays or pets names, for example).
- After your password, you will need to enter your email address. Pick a valid email address that you will have access to because as soon as you are done with your registration online, you will receive an email from Kik that you need to access in order to complete the application process and start using Kik Messenger. Also, if you should ever forget your login details, you will need access to the email address registered to your Kik Messenger account to reset your password.
- Finally, you will have the option to enter your telephone number. Kik Messenger will work perfectly fine without your telephone number. This is just to add an extra layer of security if you so choose.
At the end of the registration you will be asked whether you would like to take a picture and add it to your profile or to choose an existing one from your mobile device or, in this case, one saved in your computer.
Registering to Kik Messenger online is as simple as doing so on a mobile device. The only real difference is that you will need to have access to Kik Messenger using an Android emulator first.