Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for educational purposes only and should not be used in violation of your Kik Messenger terms of service. Please consult Kik Messenger’s terms of service for more information.
One of the most attractive things about the Kik Messenger app. is that you can take it pretty much anywhere with you. Signing up on Kik allows you to chat with your friends and new people alike whenever you want and wherever you are. You can download the app. on your smartphone or mobile device. Kik Messenger can be downloaded in and runs on Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad), Windows Phone, and Android devices. So, there are not really any restrictions of accessibility. Kim Messenger is so flexible and versatile to make it one of the most attractive chat applications around.
Accessing all the features that Kik Messenger offers on your smartphone or tablet has many advantages. Among them, the ability users have to access it discreetly whenever they choose. What makes this even better is that users can also access Kik and chat on their Mac or Windows PC computers. So, even those who have no smartphone or any other mobile device, can enjoy all the benefits of Kik Messenger, and it is all free! Even Kik users who have smartphones or tablets can alternate accessing Kik from their mobile devices or their computers to suit their needs and preferences at any given time.
One thing to consider is that Kik Messenger does not operate any web-based versions itself, so accessing Kik Messenger on your Windows PC or Mac computer is different from using the app. There is no need to feel discouraged, though, as using Kik on your computer is still very easy to do and I will explain in this article exactly what you need to do. But, first, let’s go back to basics.
What is Kik Messenger?
“We want to let you use a Mac, or Windows PC, or iPad, or Android, without having to think about any of the technical details.”- Arash Ferdowski
Kik Messenger is a free chat platform that allows you to message your contacts (at least, with those among your contacts, who also use Kik). Kik Messenger is designed for chatting with other users, sending video, photos, and other files. In this sense, the Kik Messenger app. may seem similar to whatever messaging service your phone or table comes with. However, there is one key difference that makes Kik superior to other messaging or chatting platforms. All you need to connect with others through Kik Messenger is a unique username that you choose. So, actually, the Kik Messenger is superior to other smartphone-based messaging services because it allows its users to chat to one another without sharing their telephone numbers.
You may not want to share your telephone number with people you barely know in order to chat with them, and with Kik Messenger you do not need to at all! This is what makes Kik stand out from the crowd. If you are not sure whether that makes much of a difference, consider that giving someone your cell phone number will give them access to a lot of information about you indirectly. With a little digging on their part, they could find you on social media, which will give them access to a lot of information about you which you may not be comfortable sharing. Using Kik Messenger to chat with people totally removes that risk. Since you choose your own username, and this is all you need to chat to people, your identity and privacy are protected.
But the advantages of using Kik Messenger do not end there! Unlike other mobile messaging services, you can sign in online. Unfortunately, signing in online requires a bit of effort. In this article, I’ll show you the best ways to access Kik Messenger Online.
Of course, Kik Messenger was designed to be used as a mobile app. and that is why there is not an “official” way to accessing online. Generally, this, far from being a problem, is actually an advantage. At certain times, though, accessing Kik Messenger online might be the best option, particularly when you are unable to check your phone for any reason. Here are you alternatives and how to use them.
Kik Messenger Online Using Manymo
The first way to access Kik Messenger Online is through a service called Manymo. This service is an Android emulator (Android emulators allow users to “emulate” Android in a PC or Mac OS by mimicking Android on your computer).
There is a free version of Manymo and a paying one that offers extra features. The good news is that, if you are interested in Manymo so you can access Kik Messenger on line, you only need to free version. In order to have access to the Kik Messenger app through this method you will need to sign up on Manymo even if you just want to use the free version of the emulator.
Here is a list of requirements for using Kik Messenger Online Using Manymo:
- Google Play: you will need to use Google Play so make sure that you have a working account first of all if you choose this method.
- Your device must be registered with Google Play and your account verified.
Once you have made sure you meet those basic requirements, you can go ahead and download Manymo and Kik Messenger. To do so, simply follow these steps:
- Go to Google Play.
- Search for Kik on Android Apps.
- Sign up on Manymo for your free account (unless you are interested in their paid features). Keep a record of your login details as you will need to use these later.
- You will have different options to launch different versions of the emulator. To avoid any problems with image resolution (this will affect the readability of your Kik messages, choose the largest one possible, the one that is almost as big as your PC screen.
- Once you have chosen your emulator, click the Lauch with App button.
- Find the apk. Kik file on your computer.
- Download the Kik Messenger online app.
- Login to Kik Messenger online, using the same password and username you use when accessing the app. on your smartphone or tablet.
- Apart from using Kik Messenger online, your chats (whether online, or on your phone or tablet) will be synched. This means you can move your conversations seamlessly from your PC and mobile device as often as you would like.
Kik Messenger Online Using BlueStacks
BlueStacks is another option to use Kik Messenger Online on your PC or Mac OS. BlueStack is also an Android emulator like Manymo. Even though is really popular some users have reported having issues with it. Mostly, complaints about BlueStacks have to do with occasional bugs.
However, one of the advantages of using BlueStacks as an Android emulator is that the platform is constantly being updated and made significantly better with each new release. Also, unlike Manymo, BlueStacks is completely free (remember that there is a free version of Manymo that includes Kik but there are some other features you will only be able to enjoy if you choose the paid version). Of course, as it tends to be the case with everything that comes for “free” on the Internet, BlueStack comes with advertising which some users may find annoying. Personally, I think a very small “prize” to pay for free content or, in this case, an emulator with so many features.
You will need to be aware, though, that some of the apps. that come preloaded on BlueStacks are not free. Luckily, Kik Messenger is not one of those. However you access the Kik Messenger, be it on your phone, tablet, or on your PC or Mac OS using an Android emulator, the application is always free.
Here are the installation steps for BlueStacks:
- Download BlueStacks from their website.
- Run and install BlueStacks on your PC or Mac OS.
- Go to the BlueStacks website and search for Kik Messenger.
- A new dialogue box with Kik Messenger will come up.
- Launch Kik Messenger to start installation.
- Once Kik Messenger is installed you can sign in using your existing login details.
As with Manymo, using BlueStacks to access Kik Messenger online, will allow you to synch your chats so using your PC, Mac, smartphone or tablet to chat will not make any difference and you will always have access to your chats however you decide to access the app.
Kik Messenger Online: the Basics
This is the tl;dr (too long; didn’t read) version of this article. It is simply a short list of bullet points detailing what must absolutely need to know about using Kik Messenger Online.
- Kik Messenger does not have an official online version as it was designed as a mobile app.
- To use Kik Messenger on your computer, you will need to download an Android emulator.
- Some of the best Android emulators as far as using Kik Messenger Online are Manymo and BlueStacks.
- Using Kik Messenger Online using Manymo and BlueStacks is always free (even though Manymo has a paying version that offers other extra features not related to Kik Messenger).
- Both Manymo and Bluestacks work well, but some users prefer Manymo.
- Both Manymo and BlueStacks operate on PC and Mac OS.
- Your conversations are constantly being synched so you can pick up from where you left the conversation regardless of whether you use your phone, tablet or computer.
If you are prepared to put on some extra work and follow the instruction on this article, you will be able use Kik Messenger Online on your PC and Mac whenever you feel like it with all its features.