Stickers are the new craze in the instant messaging world. The first app I saw them on was Facebook Messenger about a year or two ago and thought they were pretty cool.
Well, now, they’ve made their way into the world of Kik Messenger, and that is something to truly be excited about. Why? Because the Kik stickers are the best around. There are more of them and more varieties to choose from than those on Facebook Messenger. Also, with the new updates to iOS 8 and Android, Kik stickers are better than ever. What are you waiting for? Here’s how to send stickers on Kik.
Mobile Messaging is rapidly becoming the primary way users engage socially on mobile.- Keith Teare
What are Stickers?
As I mentioned before, stickers are the new craze. They are the new and improved version of emojis which were an advancement on emoticons and smileys. Stickers are larger and more detailed than regular emojis and often come in the form of static cartoons or elaborate stick figures. Stickers are vividly colorful and are designed to really express whatever emotions or feelings you have going on. The emotions range from angry and disappointed to happy and excited to sad and afraid to sick and annoyed. There’s a sticker for everything and everyone, and yes, now Kik has made them even better.
What are Kik Stickers?
Kik stickers are like stickers you would find on Facebook Messenger or any other similar app. However, there are a lot more to choose from on Kik. They are found in the Smiley Store and come in “packs” based on theme. So you can have a sports themed pack of stickers, or just choose from the pack. You can mix and match stickers from a variety of packs and so you can have Hello Kitty along with stick figure men. It doesn’t matter and if you want to send stickers on Kik, you’ll be in to have a lot of fun.
How to Get and Send Stickers on Kik
Getting stickers is simple, just like it is to send stickers on Kik. Follow these steps to do both.
- When you launch the app, select a Kik friend to open a conversation.
- At the bottom right, next to the text box, select the smiley face icon. This will bring up the smiley tray which shows you all the smileys and emojis and stickers you can use on Kik.
- Select the “sticker shop” icon in the bottom right of the tray.
- A menu will pop up with a list of all the many sticker packs you can download and/or pick from. Scroll through it.
- Select the sticker package you would like to download or look through.
- When it opens, you’ll be able to see all the included stickers. You can select “download” if the pack is free, or “purchase” if it’s a paid pack of stickers. The paid ones are premium and often made by external companies.
- When you tap “done”, the new stickers should appear in your sticker tray as you did in step 2.
- View your new stickers in the tray by selecting the ghost smiley icon in the bottom right corner.
- Select the sticker you want to send and it will show up in your text box.
With the new updates to iOS 8 and Android, Kik has updated its smileys and stickers. That means you have even more to choose from when looking through the sticker packs. Many of them are free, and many are not free. However, there are enough free sticker packs to have a lot of fun with for days and days. With some of them, you can even use them to create and enhance a Kik meme.
See this article for more on how to create memes on Kik.
What about Kik Themed Smileys?
When Kik announced improvements along with the updates to iOS and Android, they didn’t just say that they were expanding the selection of stickers, but also smileys. Now, you can select from a wide array of smileys that are grouped by theme as well. If you would like to download smiley packs, then you should follow the same steps as you would download sticker packs. The only difference is that you would see the option for smileys rather than stickers.
Are stickers for Windows Phone too?
Unfortunately, this update has not yet come to Windows Phone, but it is on Android and iOS, so you can send stickers on Kik for those devices. You can also have these same tools if you want to use Kik for PC or Kik for Mac. It’ll work there as well, if you’re running the latest updates on your Android or Apple mobile devices.
If you would like more information about how to send stickers on Kik, or you’re having trouble finding them, then please let us know in the comments section below. We would love to hear about what your favorite sticker packs are or how you like to use them.