Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for educational purposes only and should not be used in violation of your Kik Messenger terms of service. Please consult Kik Messenger’s terms of service for more information.
We’ve all been there, you’re having a conversation on Kik and loose signal and want to continue having the conversation but online rather than on your iPhone or Android.
Unfortunately, as of no official online version of the app, which leads us to a conundrum. Luckily, I know a little trick that can let us work around the problem and give access to sign in to Kik anywhere. In this article, I’ll walk you through how to login to Kik Messenger online without having to download an emulator or other software to run the app on your computer. It will only take about 10 minutes to get setup and the best part is that it’s completely free and verified to not have any viruses.
NOTE: For this trick to work you must have a Google Play account that is linked to an Android device. This is because Google will only let you download the Kik app if you have registered a device with them. If you own an Android, it’s super easy and you can continue. If you don’t, find a friend or family member that does have an Android and ask them if you can login to your Google Play account on their device so you can “register” the device with Google.
Facebook’s new relationship status option: no longer able to interact with real people.- Anonymous
Kik Messenger Online
Not all messenger apps are created equal, some have various features that others do not, or compatibility on platforms that others can’t operate on. Unfortunately, Kik is one of the more limited apps when it comes to platforms it can be used on. Also, there hasn’t been any indication that Kik is working on creating an online version or one for your PC or Mac. Below, I’ll talk about a few alternatives that do have built in PC, Mac, and online options so you don’t have to use this work around.
Now, the basic idea of how we’re going to get this to work is to use Manymo, which is an online Android emulator, where you don’t have to install anything on your computer. This is great because if you’re on a work computer or on someone else’s computer that you don’t want to start installing software, you can use this option without ever downloading an emulator.
To get it setup and running, follow these steps:
- Head over to Manymo and click the sign up button at the top right. You will need to make an account to access your own personal emulator. You just need to provide some basic information and won’t need to give your credit card number or pay anything.
- Now, you will want to head over to the Google Play Kik Messenger page, where you will want to enter your Google email and password and click the install button. You need to download the Kik .apk onto your desktop to use for Manymo.
- Once you have the .apk file downloaded onto your computer, head over to the Manymo Emulator Launch page, which will be where you start your very own emulator.
- Click the Launch with App link at the top right and navigate to the Kik .apk you previously downloaded and upload the file.
- After that has uploaded, you can click on the emulator that you’d like to launch, which has different screen sizes and options for you.
Now, you’re all set and up and running to use Kik Messenger online. Make sure you sign into your account when it prompts you to. If you don’t already have an account you will need to find an iPhone or Android to sign up for an account. It’s quick and easy and after that you can use the steps above to login online.
Now, if you’re thinking this is way too much work and hassle, then below are some other options.
Kik Online Alternatives
If you’d rather not use a backend method to message people and would rather use the official app, I have a few suggestions below that work well. You can also visit Kik Login Online for more detailed guides on using the app online.
- LINE – is a similar app to Kik Messenger, but it has built in Windows, Windows 8, and Mac versions so you don’t have to download an emulator to text people online. It also has hundreds of millions of users so chances are, your friends are on Line as well. If you don’t have may friends that use Line, you can ask them to join and explain the advantage of texting their friends, basically on any device.
- WECHAT – is the other option for a text messenger that you can use on your mobile device such as iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, etc. But, there is also an online and Mac version. There is no standalone PC version of the app, but if you’re on a Windows machine you can always use the online option. The online method requires that you verify your account by using the QR code from your phone. So you will have to already have a WeChat account on your mobile phone for you to transfer it over to the online web based client.
Know of any other good options to log into Kik Messenger online? Let us know if you had trouble with the steps above or if you found another tip or trick that will help the readers get more out of the app. It’s always fun to share different ideas and tricks for these apps.
Also, keep note that the app world is constantly in flux and some of the tips above may not be valid a year from now or there may be new ones that come about with an update to the app. We will try to stay on top of any changes that we hear about.